Santa Rosa, CA
A local crawl space repair expert of Clean CrawlSpace, Inc. has led a Q & A discussion with the Marin County Codes Advisory Board regarding an effective and reliable moisture reduction alternative to crawl space ventilation consisting of crawlspace encapsulation, vent sealing and moisture control.
Scott Smith, marketing director and moisture control specialist, led the meeting on April 20, 2011. As per request, architects, engineers and code officials in attendance offered insight on the topics while Smith used a customized PowerPoint to guide the discussion.
The gathering centralized around these five topic questions and how to utilize sump pump systems, specifically the patented SaniDry dehumidifier and Crawl-o-Sphere to maintain a safer and healthier crawl space.
1. Are there code differences for a crawlspace and a basement?
2. If a crawlspace is isolated from the dirt earth, why is venting still required?
3. Why do basements not have venting requirements?
4. Why new construction should be required to isolate the house from the earth.
5. Why crawlspace encapsulation should be part of obtaining a green certification on all new/remodel work.
The meeting successfully accumulated ideas and knowledge from all present, and has yet to ignite any change in code though time can only tell the true affects of the meeting.
About Clean CrawlSpace, Inc.
With 38 years of combined experience between the company owner and CFO, Clean CrawlSpace, Inc. exemplifies exactly what it means to be the local authority in crawl space repair -specifically moisture control.